• Exported to the 5 continents
• 70 years of experience
• 132 employees
• Turnover of 30 million Euros in 2009, 65% represented by export sales
• 1,400,000 discs per year
• 24,000 tons of steel transformed per year
Disk Blades for Cover-Crops
Since the 60s, Forges de Niaux has shown its mastery of the heat treatment process of boron steel disk blades.
It was the first manufacturer :
• To offer farming disk blades in boron steel.
• To increase the hardness of the disk blades to 160 kg/mm2 (in 1985).
• To patent a heat treatment process bringing the hardness to more than 215 kg/mm2.
A quality disk blade must respond to 2 opposing demands :
• It must have a sufficient hardness in order to resist wear.
• It must maintain nonetheless maximum flexibility to avoid breakage due to impacts.
Forges de Niaux ingenuity lies in the balance between hardness and flexibility.